Perhaps it is time for a new roof? Living in Jacksonville, we are prone to get a few big storms that threaten our homes each year. It is very helpful to have a strong roof that is sure to keep your property and family protected. It is time to implement a metal roof system. At Professional Sunshine Roofing, we are one of the best roofing companies Jacksonville.
Why Choose A Metal Roof?
Residential metal roofing is one of the fastest growing segments of home improvement – more than quadrupling its market share over the past decade. The benefits offered by today’s metal roofs allow homeowners to upgrade their homes with products of lasting value. While other roofs quickly diminish in value as they age, metal roofs provide the following lasting benefits:
- Proven performance expectation of 50+ years
- Beautiful styles to match any home or neighborhood
- Interlocking panels for maximum wind resistance
- Fire resistance
- Energy efficiency by keeping homes cooler
- Low weight to help preserve structural integrity and life
The Benefits of Metal Roof Systems
When it comes to roofing, metal is the way to go. There are so many benefits that comes with it. It is no wonder that many are converting to metal roofing in their homes. Here are a few reasons why you should replace your roof today:
- Control The Cost Of Maintaining Your Home
- Because metal roofs do not degrade the way that most roofing materials do, a properly installed and specified quality metal roof will end your periodic “budget drains” for roof repairs or maintenance.
- Wind Resistance
- Most metal roofs feature panels that interlock or interconnect in some way. This provides superior wind resistance compared to other roofing materials that just overlap or depend upon gravity to hold things in place.
- Low Weight
- As structures age, low weight roofs help to guard against structural movement and damage, particularly in areas prone to seismic activity. Metal roofs are the lowest weight residential roofs available. This low weight also often allows a metal roof to be installed over existing shingles, eliminating landfill disposal.
- Energy Efficiency
- Through reflective coatings and integrated thermal breaks, metal roofs often reduce summer cooling costs by up to 20% or even more.
- Fire Resistance
- Metal roofs provide lasting resistance to airborne sparks and embers, protecting from exterior fires.
- Metal roofs can be very adaptable to most any roof and home design. There are products for low and steep pitch roofs, products that look like wood shakes, slate, and tile, and even products well-suited for rounded or arched roofs.
- Problem Solving
- Many roofing materials rely on failure-prone sealants for difficult areas such as flashings, dead valleys, and transitions. With metal roofing, though, those areas can be flashed with matching metal – far more long lasting and reliable than sealants and adhesives.
- Home Additions
- Traditional roofing materials tends to have various color and style changes, making it difficult to match older products if the home is added onto or modified in some way. Most metal roofing manufacturers are very consistent with their designs and colors, helping homeowners know that they will be able to add to their roofs at later dates.
- Metal roofing adds lasting distinction and beauty to a home. Other roofing materials begin a deterioration process from the first moment of installation that affects their looks over time. Metal roofing, on the other hand, can keep a very fresh “new roof” look long into the future.
- Recycled Content
- Depending on the product you choose, a quality metal roof should have recycled content from 35% – 95%. Additionally, at the end of its useful life, a metal roof should be 100% recyclable rather than require landfill disposal like other roofs.
Contact Us Today
We strongly recommend converting your roof with a metal on. Metal roof systems are very beneficial to your home. Trust Professional Sunshine Roofing. We know what we are talking about. Call one of the best roofing companies Jacksonville.